Tuesday, May 13, 2008
First Day!
Today was my first day of classes. We all met in the lobby of the hotel at 8:45 am this morning with Marc, our tour guide! He took us all around the city and we learned some interesting things...Tin Tin, the cartoon, was invented here as well as the smirfs! Brussels used to be surrounded by a large, protective wall and we got to see remnants of that! We ended up at the CUBC building and had lunch and had our very first IS class. We sat in a classroom from 1-4 pm listening to a really nice lady tell us all about Brussels! We had to go around the class and say who we were and if we knew any of a different language. She also asked us what french would be helpful to know while we were here....she asked if anyone could count in french and I raised my hand and she made me count up to 20 and then count by tens! I excelled and she was pretty excited! We got done about 4pm and headed back to the hotel for a nap. After our nap we headed out to find something to eat...unfortunately most restaurants were just serving drinks because of the holiday! So we sat down to get a drink and our waiter took a liking to me. Antonio told me many times that i was "bella" and that he loved me. It was all quite funny, but I don't think I'll go back to that place any time soon haha! We finally found a little pizza place so we got some pizza and got a Belgian Waffle afterwards! I had a belgian waffle with whipped cream, strawberries, and chocolate on it! It was DELICIOUS! Tomorrow we have psychology classes all day so I had better get to bed! I added a couple of pictures too, so look at those! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love you blog!
That would be "your" blog!!
That woudl be "your" blog!!
Post a Comment